Advanced Support Consultant
OnPay is a fast-growing software company headquartered in Atlanta, offering a modern cloud-based payroll, HR, and benefits solution for small to mid-size businesses. Over the last year, our headcount has increased by 100%. We’re currently seeking talented and curious individuals to join our team. We want to hear from you if you are interested in joining an exciting and fast-growing company!
OnPay seeks a client-focused, highly collaborative, and experienced individual to join our Client Success (CS) organization. The CS organization is responsible for helping our clients identify and resolve issues in a simple and transparent way. The Advanced Support Consultant serves as a primary point of support to our CS teams and clients for more complex items that relate to tax - rules, regulations, compliance, operations, product, etc.
- Serve primarily as an additional layer of support to Client Services teams and OnPay clients on more complex tax-related issues. This includes, but is not limited to, issues related to employment tax, quarterly/annual reconciliations, compliance, reviewing agency notices and assessments, and other tax inquiries
- Act as an ambassador for OnPay by driving Client satisfaction through effective communication and impactful engagement
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assist in identifying and driving best practices for process improvement
- Provide client support via a ticket management system to effectively troubleshoot and resolve employment tax issues
- Take ownership and drive resolution while keeping internal/external clients appropriately informed
- Proactively analyze problems and drive root cause resolution to prevent reoccurrences
- Effectively troubleshoot problems and identify solutions for clients and internal teams
- Assist in identifying and driving best practices for process improvement
Traits and Skills We Seek:
- Commitment to a high standard of customer engagement
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills to drive root-cause resolution
- Strong discovery and listening skills - demonstrate the ability to ask effective discovery questions, understand the client’s objectives and/or issue, and prioritize actions to bring to close matters while exercising patience and empathy
- Strong attention to detail - capture and follow up on action items, and set appropriate expectations on complex matters
- Effective decision-making skills - ability to coordinate efforts across various functional teams and engage appropriate resources
- Self-starter - operate with a sense of urgency
- Genuineness and desire to make a meaningful impact at a fast-growing, exciting company
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of HCM and/or payroll customer service experience required
- Strong understanding of tax principles and proven experience with payroll and tax operations (e.g., tax notice resolution, amendment processing, etc.), HCM software, or related fields
- College experience (degree strongly preferred)
- Experience with CRM platforms and MS Excel
- G-Suite, Xero, and QuickBooks knowledge a plus
- A casual team-oriented environment with a solid work/life balance and flexible work options
- Stock Options
- Four weeks of paid time off plus paid holidays and generous Parental Leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Short-term/Long-term Disability, and Life Insurance
- On-site training at our Ponce City Market HQ
- Stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and drinks
- Ponce City Market employee discounts & more!
OnPay is an equal-opportunity employer. OnPay makes all employment decisions without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, pregnancy, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
- Advanced Support
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Advanced Support Consultant
Loading application form
Already working at OnPay?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.